postemsg.exe
R***@public.gmane.org
2004-12-14 14:50:00 UTC
hello,

a few days ago we discovered the benefits of postemsg command in Linux .
Thus enthusiastic concerning the possibilities, we want to use postemsg
under Windows platforms as well.
Now we need to know where to get postemsg executable ( A search over
Netview Installation CD hasnŽt been successful)

I will stay seriously enthusiastic if somebody could tell me where to get
this little piece of candy ;-)

Roland

Roland Tomuschat
Abteilung Netzdienste II (DN3)
70376 Stuttgart
Löwentorstraße 65
Tel. 0711/898-2208
Fax: 0711/898-2036
Stefan Milde
2004-12-14 15:06:07 UTC
Hi Roland,

the (w)postemsg-executables are part of TEC's adapters configuration facility
[ACF]

The easiest way to bring working postemsg to an endpoint (I asume that you have
installed one) is to distribute
an logfile-adapter to it. the needed files are dependencies, so they will be
transfered to the machine automatically.

then source the lcf_env and use wpostemsg to have secure framework transmission
over the gateway (tec_gateway installed !) to TEC.

not recommended is to copy only the needed postemsg and librarys to the machine.
Use a conf-file (postemsg -f ini-file) to have cache and target configured
correctly.

regards steven
* every minute is a chance to change your life *

_____

Fax: 0711/898-2036
Scot Needy
2004-12-14 15:14:19 UTC
ls $BINDIR/bin/lcf_bundle/bin/w32-ix86/bin/postemsg.exe

Search the list archive for wdepset. Seems to be the norm for pushing
the msg utilities out to all endpoints.
Post by R***@public.gmane.org
hello,
a few days ago we discovered the benefits of postemsg command in
Linux . Thus enthusiastic concerning the possibilities, we want to use
postemsg under Windows platforms as well.
Now we need to know where to get postemsg executable ( A search over
Netview Installation CD hasn´t been successful)
--
Scot Needy <scot.needy-***@public.gmane.org>
GMTI
R***@public.gmane.org
2004-12-14 16:59:55 UTC
Hi Stefan,

we still putted the binary and configuration file (tecint.conf) onto a non
tivoli machine.
We were able to send Events with postemsg to tec console so far.

Since we tried that under Linux and do not have a postemsg.exe file we
need the Win32 executable eventually with config file.

thanx

Fax: 0711/898-2036
R***@public.gmane.org
2004-12-14 17:12:48 UTC